Announcing itSeez3D 4.7
We are back with another update for itSeez3D iOS app for Structure Sensor – itSeez3D 4.7. What’s new?
1) Improved the quality of local preview
- Geometry — now a preview model has similar number of faces in a mesh as the final model has. However, a preview mesh still has less details than the final one because server algorithms do global refinement of the geometry.
- Texture — now original resolution of captured images is used to colour a preview model. itSeez3D 4.6 and earlier versions downscaled the images for a preview texture.
2) Basic support for 10.5-inch iPad Pro
Basic support means that the app will work on a new iPad version without crashes and hangups. Right now the app uses untested calibration parameters because we don’t have the official brackets for 10.5 yet. Technically you can scan with itSeez3D on this iPad version but the scanning quality may be insufficient. Once we get the official brackets, we will calibrate the parameters and release an update with full support of the new iPad Pro 10.5.
3) Full support for 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
4) Improved the quality of the models for 9.7-inch iPad Pro by using better calibration parameters
The updated iOS app will be rolling out to the App Store within 24 hours, so make sure to check it out.
Happy 3D scanning!